Los Angeles, CA
Back-End: Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Additional Tools: Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, Karma, Webpack, Browserfiy, Git, GitHub, Heroku, Enzyme, Netlify, Jest
Additional Skills: RESTful APIs, GraphQL, Unit testing
Misc: Node Package Manager
Software Engineer IV — Edmunds.com, Inc. Santa Monica, CA 05/2018 — current
- Worked with Product owners and external partners to develop custom implementations for large customers.
- Responsible for Front-End development for Internal Admin app, Dealership App, Chat Widget, and Call Center Application.
- Helped reduce performance issues and increase availability by migrating an EC2 Postgres 9.5 database to AWS Aurora.
- Member of A11y committee which held annual GAAD events that helped increase company-wide Lighthouse Audit Scores by 50% as well as worked with Project Managers and Legal department to address ADA/WCAG compliance and completed a full audit which brought compliance up over 60%.
Software Engineer — YourWebDevGuy, Inc. Pasadena, CA 04/2017 — 05/2018
- Developed a proprietary electronic fax solution based on a non-functional PHP/MySQL prototype.
- Developed a Reporting Dashboard for an L.A. based Law Firm that helped them identify and recover an undisclosed amount of revenue from uncollected invoices.
Tech Lead — Inter-Con, Inc. Pasadena, CA 05/2016 — 06/2017
- Led a small development team, and I implemented Agile development practices by using Confluence to capture requirements and documentation and Jira for authoring epics and stories. The team operated in two-week sprints.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) by using Bitbucket Pipelines and Jenkins.
- Worked closely with Business Owners and Executives through development life-cycles and captured requirements.
Senior Programmer Analyst — Inter-Con, Inc. Pasadena, CA 11/2014 — 05/2016
- Saved $80k in Data Conversion fees for an H.R. data migration from Ceridian to UltiPro by developing ETL scripts by using SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Saved $50k a year in labor by developing an application to digitize hand-printed timesheets, which import into Valiant Vision and UltiPro by using C#, SQL Server, Infragistics, Accusoft OCR, and Faxage API.
- Developed an Audit Matrix that centralized data from various external systems, including Taleo, UltiPro, UDES, Oracle OBIEE, Oracle Financials, and Valiant Vision. The data passed through the Audit Matrix to ensure data integrity by cross-validating between systems using SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Data Quality Services, Oracle Rg11, C#, and Python.
Full Stack Engineer — Mahfouz Michael MD, Inc. Inc. Los Angeles, CA 04/2009 — 09/2012
- Saved $815k in labor costs by helping eliminate paper forms for an in-house inbound call center by developing a call center application using MySQL, PHP, and the Codeigniter framework.
- Developed a custom interface from Sage Intergy to Medinformatix for maintaining electronic medical records.
- Developed an internal employee portal by using ASP.NET for SharePoint master page applications.
Freelance Web Developer — Cuenca Studios Los Angeles, CA
- Worked with more than 40 companies raning from smaller ogranizations to larger ones including Yakult, Redbull and Panda Express providing web development services.
Engineering Immersion Program (Full-Stack, MERN)
- Los Angeles Trade-Tech, Los Angeles, CA
- ITT-Tech, West Covina, CA.
Computer Networking Systems
- Citrus College, Azusa, CA.
Computer Graphics and World Wide Web Design